Trips to Lagavulin, Glen Scotia, or Glenfiddich await. We’re shining our MoM-branded spotlight on Scotch whisky’s five regions and even offering you a chance to win a trip to see them for yourselves!
UPDATE: We have our winners:
Going to Glenfiddich is… Martin O’Leary
Going to Lagavulin is… Margot Adamson
Going to Ailsa Bay is… Stephen Porter
Going to Fettercairn is… Timothy Brignall
Going to Glen Scotia is… Yan Ding
Scotch whisky fans will know that the category is divided into five whisky regions: Speyside, The Lowlands, The Highlands, Islay, and Campbeltown.
Each is full of a diverse and delightful array of distilleries making the water of life. To help understand and celebrate each, we’ve got a series of videos going out on our social channels as well as more blogs to come. Most excitingly of all, we’re offering you a chance to see them!
Buy a bottle and you could be a winner!
Win a trip to a Scotch whisky region below!
If you win a trip to Speyside, you’ll be going to… Glenfiddich!
If you win a trip to Islay, you’ll be going to… Lagavulin!
If you win a trip to Campbeltown, you’ll be going to… Glen Scotia!
If you win a trip to The Highlands, you’ll be going to… Fettercairn!
If you win a trip to The Lowlands, you’ll be going to… Ailsa Bay!
The regions of Scotland await
How do I take advantage of this magnificence?
Simple, you just need to purchase the below products. You get entered for the region when you buy from the distillery that is based there. So you buy a Lagavulin, you could be heading to Islay. Clear? Good, there’s T&Cs below if you need more info.
Glenfiddich, Speyside; Glenfiddich 18 Year Old ; Glenfiddich Grand Cru 23 Year Old; Glenfiddich 21 Year Old Reserva Rum Cask Finish.
Lagavulin, Islay: Lagavulin 16 Year Old; Lagavulin 8 Year Old; Lagavulin Distillers Edition – 2022 Collection.
Glen Scotia, Campbeltown: Glen Scotia Double Cask; Glen Scotia Victoriana Cask Strength; Glen Scotia Double Rum Finish.
Fettercairn, The Highlands: Fettercairn 16 Year Old – 3rd Release: 2022; Fettercairn 12 Year Old; Fettercairn 22 Year Old.
Ailsa Bay, The Lowlands: Ailsa Bay Release 1.2 Sweet Smoke; Ailsa Bay Release 1.2 Sweet Smoke Gift Pack with Glass.
So what are you waiting for? Get entering!
MoM Regions of Scotland Competition 2023 open to entrants 18 years and over. Entries accepted from 10:00:00 UK time on 20 February 2023 and closes at 23:59:59 UK time on 5 March 2023. Date and travel restrictions apply. See full T&Cs for details.
View Full Terms and Conditions.
MoM Regions of Scotland Competition 2023 T&Cs
- THE PROMOTER: The promoter is Atom Supplies Limited (company register number 03193057), trading as Master of Malt (MoM) and having its registered office at Unit 1 Ton Business Park, 2-8 Morley Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1RA, United Kingdom.
- ELIGIBILITY: This competition is only open to individuals who are 18 years or older and are residents of the United Kingdom, excluding Northern Ireland. Ineligible entries (howsoever received) will be discarded. The competition is not open to any employees (and their immediate family) of the promoter or any of its associated companies. MoM reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) at any time and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who, or any entry which, it believes has breached any of these terms, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or improper conduct which may undermine the fair and proper conduct of this competition.
- ENTRY/COMPETITION PERIOD: This competition opens at 10:00:00 UK time on 20 February 2023 and closes at 23:59:59 UK time on 5 March 2023.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, eligible individuals must within the entry period purchase a bottle of qualifying product listed for sale on www.masterofmalt.com and set out below. For a purchase to be a valid entry: (i) it must be made on www.masterofmalt.com; (ii) it must be completed within the entry period (i.e. payment approved and order confirmation received); and all entrants must agree to MoM’s standard Consumer Terms of Business to complete the purchase (each being a qualifying purchase or qualifying entry). Multiple entries are permitted! The qualifying products are from 5 different brands of whiskies and as listed herein: Brand: Glenfiddich; Glenfiddich 18 Year Old (70cl, 40%); Glenfiddich Grand Cru 23 Year Old (70cl, 40%); Glenfiddich 21 Year Old Reserva Rum Cask Finish (70cl, 40%). Brand: Lagavulin: Lagavulin 16 Year Old (70cl, 43%); Lagavulin 8 Year Old (70cl, 48%); Lagavulin Distillers Edition – 2022 Collection (70cl, 43%). Brand: Glen Scotia: Glen Scotia Double Cask (70cl, 46%); Glen Scotia Victoriana Cask Strength (70cl, 54.2%); Glen Scotia Double Rum Finish (70cl, 46%). Brand: Ailsa Bay: Ailsa Bay Release 1.2 Sweet Smoke (70cl, 48.9%); Ailsa Bay Release 1.2 Sweet Smoke Gift Pack with Glass (70cl, 48.9%). Brand: Fettercairn: Fettercairn 16 Year Old – 3rd Release: 2022 (70cl, 46.4%); Fettercairn 12 Year Old (70cl, 40%); Fettercairn 22 Year Old (70cl, 47%).
- WINNER(S) AND HOW THEY ARE CHOSEN: Qualifying entries will be grouped by brand into 5 different groups and MoM will randomly select 1 winner from each group of qualifying entries. As such, there will be a total of 5 winners. Each winner’s prize will correspond to the brand of product they purchased. For example, if a bottle of Lagavulin is purchased, that entry will be grouped with all other Lagavulin entries, and if the entrant is then selected as a winner, the corresponding prize trip will be the Lagavulin Distillery prize trip – entrants will not be able enter the competition by purchasing a bottle of Fettercairn and choose or end up with the Lagavulin Distillery prize trip. The selection of the winners made will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- PRIZE PROVIDERS: Each prize trip is provided by the owner and proprietor of the relevant distillery (as further detailed below). All travel and accommodation arrangements relating to the prize will be the sole responsibility of the relevant prize provider. MoM will not be responsible for any failure or delay in travel and accommodation arrangements.
- THE PRIZES: The prize trips shall consist of the offerings as outlined below. All prizes are strictly non-negotiable and not transferable and cannot be exchanged for the equivalent cash value or other items. Please also check the following section regarding booking and trip restrictions. For the winner who is selected from the Glenfiddich brand group, they will win a trip for 2 people to the Glenfiddich Distillery in Dufftown, Scotland consisting of the following itinerary. The Glenfiddich prize trip is provided and organised by William Grant & Sons Limited. Standard or economy return flight travel for 2 people from a United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) airport to the Glenfiddich Distillery in Dufftown, Scotland. Standard accommodation in Dufftown for 1 night for 2 people (subject to availability and to be arranged by prize provider). 2 tickets to visit Glenfiddich Distillery (dates to be confirmed with the prize provider and subject to availability). For the winner who is selected from the Ailsa Bay brand group, they will win a trip for 2 people to the Ailsa Bay Distillery in Ayrshire, Scotland consisting of the following itinerary. The Ailsa Bay prize trip is provided and organised by William Grant & Sons Limited. Standard or economy flight return travel for 2 people from a United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) airport to the Ailsa Bay Distillery in Ayrshire, Scotland. Standard accommodation in Ayrshire for 1 night for 2 people (subject to availability and to be arranged by prize provider).2 tickets to visit Ailsa Bay Distillery (dates to be confirmed with the prize provider and subject to availability). For the winner who is selected from the Lagavulin brand group, they will win a trip for 2 people to the Lagavulin Distillery in Islay, Scotland consisting of the following itinerary. The Lagavulin Distillery prize trip is provided and organised by Diageo Great Britain Limited. Standard or economy return flight travel for 2 people from Glasgow airport; or standard or economy return ferry travel for 2 people from Port of Kennacraig to the Lagavulin Distillery in Islay, Scotland. Standard accommodation in Islay for 1 night for 2 people (subject to availability and to be arranged by prize provider). Complimentary dinner for 2 people on the first night. Complimentary breakfast and lunch for 2 people on the second day. Complimentary Lagavulin Distillery and/or warehouse experience. Complimentary tour of the Caol Ila Distillery (subject to time permitting and availability).For the winner who is selected from the Glen Scotia brand group, they will win a trip for 2 people to the Glen Scotia Distillery in Campbeltown, Scotland consisting of the following itinerary. The Glen Scotia prize trip is provided by and organised by the Loch Lomond Distillers Ltd. Standard or economy return travel for 2 people from any single named point of origin in the United Kingdom to the Glen Scotia Distillery in Campbeltown, Scotland and back. Standard accommodation in Campbeltown for 1 night for 2 people (subject to availability and to be arranged by prize provider). Complimentary tour of the Glen Scotia traditional Dunnage Warehouse. For the winner who is selected from the Fettercairn brand group, they will win a trip for 2 people to the Fettercairn Distillery in Laurencekirk, Scotland consisting of the following itinerary. The Fettercairn prize trip is provided by Whyte and Mackay Limited. Standard or economy return travel for 2 people from any single named point of origin in the United Kingdom to the Fettercairn Distillery in Laurencekirk, Scotland. Standard accommodation within a reasonable distance of Fettercairn Distillery for 1 night for 2 people (subject to availability and to be arranged by prize provider). Complimentary dinner for 2 people. 2 tickets to visit the Fettercairn Distillery (dates to be confirmed with the prize provider and subject to availability).
- IMPORTANT BOOKING AND TRIP RESTRICTIONS: Any winner claiming a prize under this competition is subject to the following restrictions. All travel dates and bookings are subject to distillery, other relevant service providers’, and other relevant establishments’ availability. Unless otherwise expressly stated, all elements of a prize trip must be booked at least 3 months prior to the travelling date. Prize trips cannot be taken during Easter, Christmas, and UK public bank holidays. For all prize trips: Unless otherwise expressly stated, the prize trip and all travel arrangements must be booked and taken within 12 months of the winner being notified of winning the prize. Once travel dates and relevant reservations are notified to the winner, they cannot be changed, postponed, or cancelled. Any guest which a winner brings to a distillery and to the trip must also be 18 years or older. For the Glen Scotia prize trip winner, the following additional restrictions apply: The trip can only be taken between 10 April 2023 and 1 October 2023 (inclusive). The trip cannot be taken between 15 May 2023 to 25 May 2023 (inclusive).
- OTHER COSTS OR EXPENSES: Any other costs or expenses not listed that may incur in connection with the winners (and their guests) taking up the prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winners and their guests.
- AVAILABILITY TO TRAVEL: The winners and their guests will be solely responsible for ensuring that they will be available to travel and that will hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents incidental to the fulfilment of the prize on the dates specified.
- CLAIMING THE PRIZE: The names (in abbreviated form) of the winners will be announced on MoM’s blog as soon as practicable upon selection. MoM will make reasonable efforts to contact the winners via email or by telephone as soon as practicable. If any winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed the prize within 5 days of MoM contacting them, MoM reserves the right to offer the prize to another eligible entrant. MoM cannot accept any responsibility if any winner is unable to take up the prize or fails to claim the prize within the time limit as set out above. MoM may contact the winners for feedback in respect of the competition and/or prize and may use any feedback provided when announcing the results and promoting the competition or subsequent competitions.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Insofar as is permitted by law, the promoter, its agents, employees, and/or representatives shall in no circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any entrant who participates in the competition and/or the winner and their guest(s) who claim(s) the prize for any loss, damage, personal injury or death whatsoever and howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any direct, indirect or consequential losses arising out of or in connection with their participation in this competition, any failure or delays or postponements or cancellations in making the appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements as a result of the winner taking up the prize (including in relation to their guests), except where it is caused by the negligence of the promoter, its agents, employees, and/or authorised representatives. Entrants’ statutory rights are not affected.
- GENERAL: These terms shall be governed by the law of England and Wales, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
© 2023 Master of Malt. All rights reserved