Octomore Masterclass_08.4 8 Year Old Whisky 70cl

Scotch Whisky • 70cl • 58.7%
Product details
Octomore Masterclass_08.4 8 Year Old
Country Scotch Whisky
Region Islay Whisky
Distillery/Brand Bruichladdich
Style Single Malt Whisky

Octomore Masterclass_08.4

From Bruichladdich's outstanding and striking Octomore range comes the Masterclass 08.4 8 Year Old. Originally distilled in 2009, the 08.4 edition is made from 100% Scottish malted barley from the 2008 harvest to 170ppm.

This spirit was then matured for eight years, with 80% of it spending time initially in first-fill ex-Bourbon casks and then European virgin oak that had previously held Octomore 07.4, while the remaining 20% was held full-term in virgin oak.

This bottle was part of a private collection - if you'd like more detailed photos just get in touch!

Tasting Note by The Chaps at Master of Malt

Nose Heavy oak char and muddy phenolic notes are complemented by sweet honeyed malt and toffee fudge. Sparkles of black pepper cuts through floral vanilla and sweet popcorn.

Palate The peat is thick but not unrelenting, there's sweet mellow oak, syrupy pear and prickles of clove. A little stewed apple emerges after a while, among beaten leather, coconut and burnt heather.

Finish There's stewed apple and coffee grounds as the charred oak and thick ash dissipates.

I've been really good, can I have
Octomore Masterclass_08.4
Hold on, what's this?
#WhiskySanta is back! Adding gifts to every Master of Malt order as well as granting wishes on social media every day. Hit the button above and let them know what you'd like. It could be yours! close

Allergy information

This product does not contain any notifiable allergens
More allergen information

Reviews for Octomore Masterclass_08.4 8 Year Old
Review star Review star Review star Review star Review star
Nobody's left a review yet.
Help our community by being the first to leave a review.