Must be 18+ to participate. A 1p registration fee applies. Some shipping destinations excluded.
See below for further details and complete terms and conditions:
- Participants must be 18 years old or older (and of legal age to purchase alcohol in their country of residence) in order to participate in the auction. Shipping destination exclusions apply to this auction. Please check if this affects you before placing any bid: https://www.masterofmalt.com/delivery-shipping/. If you are located outside of the United Kingdom, you will be responsible for payment of any import and customs duties, taxes and charges. See paragraph 18 below for more information and ensure you are happy to proceed before placing any bid.
- Participants in the auction are bidding to buy a bottle of the product which is the subject of the auction (the Product).
- Auction participants need to register in order to participate in the auctions which we operate. Registering for those auctions will require that we process a transaction of £0.01 (the Registration Fee) on each participant’s debit or credit card. Participants need only pay a single Registration Fee in order to participate in all of the auctions which we operate. Processing the Registration Fee will ensure that we have the payment details which we will need in order to process the winning bidders’ orders for the Product without the need to contact those bidders again. Only once the Registration Fee has been processed will an individual have been registered to participate in the auctions which we operate. The Registration Fee can be paid as part of a larger order for products available for sale on masterofmalt.com. The Registration Fee is non-refundable (unless you really want that penny back, in which case we’ll refund it) and cannot be credited towards any other purchase or Winning Bid.
- Upon registering for the auction, participants will be asked to provide their postage details and to select their preferred postage option for the shipping of the Product to them in the event that they are a winning bidder.
- Participants will be asked to provide their name when bidding, but only the first name and the first letter of their surname will be shown on the Product auction page, unless they choose to bid anonymously in which case no name will be shown.
- By paying the Registration Fee and by placing a bid, an auction participant gives unconditional authority to us to deduct the winning bid amount (as calculated in accordance with paragraphs 10 and 15 below), in addition to the other costs referred to in paragraph 18 below, from the debit or credit card used to pay the Registration Fee.
- We sometimes set a reserve price on a Product, which is an amount representing our minimum expectation of what the winning bid should be in relation to a certain Product. Whenever we do set a reserve price, we shall use reasonable endeavours to communicate this to each participant so you are aware before placing a bid. This may be in the form of a “starting price” as the first bid in a listing or otherwise indicated some other way on the auction page.
- All bids are to buy a single bottle of the Product. All bids are cash price bids and are denominated in Pounds Sterling. In the event that bids of the same amount are placed, priority will be given to the relevant bidders in the order in which those bids were placed (with top priority given to the earliest relevant bidder).
- After the auction has started, registered auction participants shall be able to place bids by inserting the maximum amount they wish to bid and clicking the “Save Max Bid” button. By paying the Registration Fee and placing a bid, registered auction participants:
- make an unconditional contractual offer to buy the Product at the price bid (or such lower price as is calculated in accordance with paragraphs 10 and 15 below) and to pay the other costs referred to in paragraph 18 below, on and subject to our Consumer Terms of Business; and
- give us unconditional authority to deduct the price bid (or such lower price as is calculated in accordance with paragraphs 10 and 15 below) and the other costs referred to in paragraph 18 below from the debit or credit card used to pay the Registration Fee.
- Each participant will set a maximum bid amount in order to begin their participation in an auction for a particular Product. Participants may change their maximum bid amount at any time during an auction (but cannot decrease the bid amount once that amount has already been matched and outbid by another bidder). The system will continue to automatically increase your bid for a Product to the highest bid price of all bidders at any given time in a particular auction, up to the maximum bid amount you have set (or until the end of the auction for that Product, whichever occurs earlier). The highest bidder at the end of each Product auction will be the winning bid. The Product page will display the current winning bid, other current bids and all bid amounts. The maximum amount bid by the winning bidder from time to time will not be displayed on the Product page. Master of Malt shall not place bids on behalf of any third party.
- Registered auction participants may register to participate in each auction only once. Multiple bidding aliases are void. The website incorporates a number of mechanisms designed to prevent duplicate entries. If you consider that you have been wrongly blocked from entering the auction, please contact us.
- The Product page will display a countdown until the end of the auction. The auction shall be complete when the countdown reaches zero. Registered auction participants can place a bid at any point before the countdown reaches zero. After the completion of the auction, no participant shall be able to place any further bid. Any question as to whether a bid was successfully placed before completion of the auction will be determined by us (in our absolute discretion, acting reasonably). Registered auction participants are strongly advised to place bids as soon as possible, and not to wait until the countdown on the Product page is close to zero.
- The number of auction winners will equal the number of bottles of the Product which we have made available to winners of the auction. This might only be a single bottle. The Product page will display the first name and the first letter of the surname provided by each bidder (if provided) and the bidder has not requested anonymity.
- Immediately after the completion of the auction, we shall process the order(s) for the Product placed by the highest bidder whose bid is recorded on the Product page (or such number of the highest bidders as is equal to the number of bottles of the Product which we have made available to winners of the auction) (the Winning Bidder, and Winning Bidders shall be construed accordingly) without any further recourse to the Winning Bidder(s). Save as set out below, those orders shall be placed on and subject to our Consumer Terms of Business. In the event of any conflict or disagreement between the terms of business set out on this page and our Consumer Terms of Business, the terms of business set out on this page shall take priority.
- The Winning Bidder(s) shall (each) pay an amount equal to the bid placed by the next highest bidder for the Product (Highest Losing Bid), plus shipping (and any applicable customs fees and charges). Any maximum amount bid by any of the Winning Bidders in excess of the Highest Losing Bid shall be disregarded for the purposes of the auction. The Winning Bidder will be notified that their bid has been successful and of the amount of the Highest Losing Bid by email to the email address which they have provided to us.
- In circumstances where the processing of any Winning Bidder’s order fails, we shall contact that Winning Bidder in order to seek to remedy the problem. Where we are unable to contact that Winning Bidder (having used reasonable endeavours), or where we are able to contact that Winning Bidder but are unable to remedy the problem (having used reasonable endeavours), we reserve the right to contact the bidder with the highest non-winning bid (the Selected High Bidder) and, subject to the Selected High Bidder’s agreement, to process the Selected High Bidder’s order for the Product at an amount equal to the Highest Losing Bid, plus shipping and any applicable customs fees and charges. In the event that the processing of the Selected High Bidder’s order should fail or the Selected Winning Bidder elect not to complete his order for the Product, we shall have the right to contact any other non-winning bidder and the provisions of this paragraph shall apply to that other bidder with the necessary changes.
- This clause is in here to reward people who read legal terms and conditions. If you email us about this we’ll probably give you something nice to reward your eagle-eyed pedantry.
- The shipping fees payable by the Winning Bidder(s) (and/or, if applicable, the Selected High Bidder or any other bidder selected in accordance with paragraph 16 above) shall be calculated by reference to their chosen shipping destination and their preferred shipping option. In circumstances where the chosen shipping destination is outside Great Britain, a Winning Bidder’s order may be subject to import and customs duties and taxes. There may also be administration charges imposed by foreign customs authorities or by our delivery agents. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount. The relevant Winning Bidder will be responsible for payment of these import and customs duties, taxes and charges. Registered auction participants who are in any doubt regarding the amount of such duties, taxes and charges (if any) should contact their local customs office for further information before placing a bid.
- If, having placed a bid, a registered auction participant wishes to revoke their bid, that auction participant should contact us urgently before the completion of the auction. After the completion of the auction, no bidder shall be able to withdraw any bid. Any question as to whether a bidder has been able to withdraw a bid before the completion of the auction will be determined by us (in our absolute discretion, acting reasonably). Bidders should not place bids without a firm intention and ability to pay the amount bid (or such lower price as is calculated in accordance with paragraphs 10 and 15 above) and the other costs referred to in paragraph 18 above.
- In circumstances where there is a linked competition for any Product, the number of Products available to winners of the competition (on the one hand) and to the highest bidders in the auction (on the other) will be determined by us before the competition and the auction commence. The competition will be run before any linked auction. If we operate a competition for drams and a competition for bottles of the relevant product, the competition for drams will be run before the competition for bottles of the relevant product. Each Product is the subject of a separate contract for sale.
- By placing a bid, bidders agree that, if their bid is successful, we can use an abbreviated form of their name when announcing the winners of the auction and for other reasonable and related promotional purposes (nothing sinister, and we won’t sell details to anybody else – we promise).
- Bids are non-transferable. Winning Bidders (and, if applicable, the Selected High Bidder or any other bidder selected in accordance with paragraph 16 above) shall not have the right to transfer their right to purchase the relevant product at the Highest Losing Bid to anybody else. That right has no cash value.
- We reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the auction in circumstances where we consider (in our absolute discretion, acting reasonably) that it becomes necessary to do so.
- If there is any reason to believe that any registered auction participant is acting in breach of these terms of business, we may (in our absolute discretion, acting reasonably) exclude that person from participating in the auction.
- By registering to participate in the auction, participators agree to be bound by the terms of business set out on this page. These terms are governed by English law. This means that any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the auction will be governed by English law. Any person registering to participate in the auction agrees that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if that person is a resident of Northern Ireland they may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if that person is a resident of Scotland, they may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
Promoter: Atom Supplies Limited trading as Master of Malt, Unit 1, Ton Business Park, 2-8 Morley Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1RA
Copyright in these terms belongs exclusively to Atom Supplies Limited.
All rights (including moral rights) are asserted and reserved.