- WIN the trip of a lifetime to the Cotswolds Distillery!
- One winner and their lucky plus-one will enjoy a tailored distillery tour and blending masterclass, an overnight stay and more!
There are so many reasons to visit the charming Cotswolds, from its rolling hills to its thatched medieval villages. But our favourite reason to journey to its scenic countryside is to pay our friends at the magnificent and multi-award-winning Cotswolds Distillery a visit. Which is exactly what we’re offering you the opportunity to do. We’ve joined forces with the makers of delicious English booze to offer an incredible overnight VIP stay for one lucky person and their plus-one!
It’s the wonderful Cotswolds Distillery!
“So what exactly do I win?!”
The winner of this competition will earn a VIP visit to the Cotswolds Distillery and their shiny new visitor centre, including an overnight stay at The Bell in Alderminster, with dinner up to the value of £75 and breakfast included.
But that’s not all. If you’re fortunate enough to win this amazing prize, you’ll also be treated to a gin* OR whisky** blending masterclass, plus the brand’s award-winning tour at the distillery and a 20cl bottling of Cotswolds Dry Gin with 2 fancy Copa glasses. Oh, and you’ll also receive a Cotswolds Cloudy G&T on arrival. As if you haven’t been spoiled enough already!
So whether you’re a lover of all things brilliant and boozy and would jump at the chance to visit one of the country’s finest distilleries or you’re the adventurous type who’s keen to explore one of the many fantastic features of the beautiful English countryside then taking part in this competition is a must. You never know who’s name could be on that ticket…
One of these will be yours to enjoy on arrival.
“How do I enter this magnificent competition?!”
It’s so easy. You will be *automagically* entered into the competition if you buy any whisky or gin from the Cotswolds distillery range from Master of Malt between the 1 May and the 15 May 2019. (For the nitty gritty details, see the competition terms below.) You’ll receive an entry for every delicious bottle you buy!
So, whether you’re partial to the sublime Cotswolds Single Malt Whisky, a fan of the Founder’s Choice or gaga for the brand’s tasty Dry Gin, you’ll not only get to sample their delights as usual, but for a limited time you could win big with your indulgence! If not, you’ve still got some delicious booze to enjoy. It’s a win-win, whatever way you look at it.
This is probably a good time to mention that the Cotswolds Distillery has received a number of awards for its range of spirits, and were named Craft Producer of the Year at both the Icons of Whisky and the Icons of Gin in 2018! Its Single Malt Whisky was a San Francisco Spirits Competition 2019 Double Gold winner, while its Founder’s Choice won Best English Whisky at World Whiskies Awards 2019. The Dry Gin, meanwhile, has been acknowledged by the International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC) and World Gin Awards with a Gold Outstanding in the category of London Dry in 2017 and Best London Dry Gin in 2016 respectively. Plus we really like them. Which is the real prize. Also the actual prize on offer in this competition. Don’t forget about that.
The delicious Cotswolds Single Malt Whisky
Good luck, all!
*Gin masterclass includes a tour of the distillery and tour of Research and Development Lab
**Whisky masterclass includes a detailed tour of the distillery and the warehouse.
MoM Cotswolds 2019 Competition open to entrants 18 years and over. Entries accepted from 1 May to the 15 May 2019. Winners chosen at random after close of competition. Travel only provided from a UK location. Prizes not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash equivalent. Entry also available with no purchase. See full T&Cs for details.
View Full Terms and Conditions.
MoM Cotswolds 2019 Competition Terms
- The promoter of this competition is Atom Supplies Limited (company number 03193057), trading as Master of Malt (MoM), whose registered office is Unit 1 Ton Business Park, 2-8 Morley Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1RA, United Kingdom.
- By entering into this competition, entrants confirm they have read, understand and agree to these terms and to be bound by them. The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms at any time.
- This competition is only open to private individuals who are 18 years old or older (and of legal drinking age to purchase alcohol in their country of residence). Ineligible entries (howsoever received) will be discarded. Employees of the promoter, its parent company or any of its affiliated or associated companies and any of their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this competition.
- This competition opens at 12:00:01 pm GMT on 1 May 2019 and closes at 23:59:59 pm GMT on 15 May 2019. Any entries received after this period will not be eligible.
- To enter, individuals must within the entry period complete purchase of any qualifying 70cl bottle of alcoholic beverages from Cotswolds Distillery, EXCLUDING the cream liqueur, as listed on: www.masterofmalt.com/cotswolds-competition/ from the MoM website in accordance with MoM’s standard Consumer Terms of Business during the entry period (each being a qualifying purchase). Multiple entries are permitted, encouraged even!
- To enter this competition without making a purchase, any eligible individual who sends a postcard or letter to Master of Malt, Unit 1, Ton Business Park, 2-8 Morley Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1RA, United Kingdom (marked for the attention of the Marketing Team) casually mentioning the fact that they wish to enter the Cotswolds 2019 competition and setting out their name and contact details shall be entered into the competition, provided that the postcard or letter is received prior to the expiry of the competition period. Each entry received in accordance with this section will be entered into the competition as though it is a qualifying purchase. MoM will not be responsible for any entries which are lost or delayed in transit, regardless of cause including, for example, as a result of any failure of any postal system of any kind. MoM will not accept proof of posting as proof of receipt of entry to the competition. Postcards and letters will be destroyed and will not be returned.
- MoM reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity and age) at any time.
- The prize is a 2 day(s) 1 night(s) trip to the Cotswolds Distillery provided by Cotswolds Distillery (Cotswolds), subject to availability, excluding bank holidays and must be claimed within 12 months from the date the winner was notified, including the following:
– standard or economy return travel from any single named point of origin within the United Kingdom to Cotswolds Distillery for two people (the choice of transport and all details of transport will be made by Cotswolds in its sole determination);
– welcome drinks on arrival;
– standard 1 night accommodation at The Bell in Alderminster for two people;
– standard transportation transfer between the distillery and the accommodation;
– gin or whisky blending masterclass and tour at the Cotswolds Distillery for two people; and
– A bottle of 20cl Cotswolds Dry Gin and 2 Copa glasses.
- The prize is strictly non-negotiable, non-transferable, and cannot be exchanged for any equivalent cash value, cash alternative, or for other items. All travel and accommodation arrangements relating to the prize will be Cotswolds’ responsibility. Travel dates and relevant reservations once notified to the winner cannot be changed, postponed, or cancelled.
- Any other costs or expenses not listed that may incur in connection with the winners taking up the prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winners.
- The winners will be responsible for ensuring that they will be available to travel and that will hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents incidental to the fulfilment of the prize on the dates specified.
- One winner will be selected at random shortly after the competition period; the selection made will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. The winner will be announced as soon as practicable after the end of the entry period on the MoM blog. In order to accept the prize, the winner shall be required to agree that we can use his or her name and county, state or region of residence (as applicable) when announcing the winner of the competition and for other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed the prize within 3 days of the announcement date, MoM reserves the right to offer the prize to another eligible competition entrant.
- MoM may contact the winner for feedback in respect of the competition and/or prize and may use any feedback provided when announcing the results and promoting the competition or subsequent competitions.
- MoM reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms or any attempt to circumvent or to frustrate them, MoM may, in our sole discretion, exclude any person from participating in the competition.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the promoter, its agents, employees, and/or representatives shall in no circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any entrant who participates in the competition or the winner (and their guest) who claim(s) the prize for any loss, damage, personal injury or death whatsoever and howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any direct, indirect or consequential losses arising out of or in connection with their participation in this competition, any failure or delays or postponements or cancellations in making the appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements as a result of the winner taking up the prize (including in relation to their guest), except where it is caused by the negligence of the promoter, its agents, employees, and/or authorised representatives. competition entrants’ statutory rights are not affected.
- These terms shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
© 2019 Master of Malt. All rights reserved.
Adam O'Connell has been writing for Master of Malt for over five years now. He’s visited distilleries, wineries, and breweries across the world, reviewed a variety of whiskies, gins, rums, Tequilas, mezcals, brandies, vodkas, wines, beers, and cocktails, and contributed all kinds of words in all sorts of places, including over 500 articles to this award-winning online blog. He’s even met Aisling Bea AND Ainsley Harriott. Not at the same time.