Just when you thought we were done, we’re back again. Once more we’re sending two lucky people to Islay, this time in the company of Kilchoman.
In distillery terms, Kilchoman is still something of a new kid on the block. Just 15-and-a-bit years ago it became the first new distillery on Islay for 124 years. But in a short time, it has established a reputation as Islay’s fabulous farm distillery, ensuring the beautiful island on which resides shines through every dram through the use of locally-grown grain malted in their own floor maltings. This is a genuinely small-scale, craft operation that eschews volume and cost in favour of flavour. And if you’ve tasted Kilchoman’s whisky, you’ll know it was worth the effort.
It’s a distillery that really should be on your bucket list. Luckily, the independent family business has partnered with us to give you a chance to visit and enjoy a number of whisky-based activities to boot. We’re back with another competition and for anyone who loves their Islay whisky, the prize is a dream trip. Let’s break down exactly what you stand to win.
Want to head here? Now’s your chance!
What you’ll win
- Return standard or economy flight travel for 2 people from Glasgow airport to the distillery in Islay, Scotland;
- Travel from Islay airport to the Kilchoman distillery;
- Complimentary coffee, complimentary lunch at the visitor centre;
- Complimentary VIP personal tour;
- Complimentary warehouse tasting;
- Complimentary coffee and cake picnic on Machir Bay;
- Standard accommodation in Islay at the Machrie for 1 night for 2 people (subject to availability and to be arranged by prize provider), including dinner and breakfast;
- Complimentary round of golf OR spa treatment OR time in the Still House distilling Kilchoman with the team.
It’s your chance to see what makes this distillery so special
How to enter
I’m sure most of you know the drill by now, but for anyone new (welcome, by the way, please stay and check out the many other delights of our blog) all you need to do is purchase a bottle of whisky from the Kilchoman range for a chance to win. There’s no limit on how many bottles you can buy and this method of entry comes with the bonus that you win regardless because, even if you don’t find yourself heading to Islay, you still have some delicious Kilchoman whisky to enjoy!
Best of luck to all of you who enter!
One of these bottles could win you a trip to the distillery!
MoM Kilchoman Competition 2021 open to entrants 18 years and over. Entries accepted from 12:00:01pm 01 July to 23:59 15 July 2021. Date and travel restrictions apply. Winners chosen at random after close of competition. Postal route available. See full T&Cs for details.
View Full Terms and Conditions.
MoM Kilchoman Competition 2021 T&Cs
- THE PROMOTER: The promoter is Atom Supplies Limited (company register number 03193057), trading as Master of Malt (MoM) and having its registered office at Unit 1 Ton Business Park, 2-8 Morley Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1RA, United Kingdom.
- ELIGIBILITY: This competition is only open to individuals who are 18 years or older (or of legal drinking age in the country which they are a resident of). Ineligible entries (howsoever received) will be discarded. The competition is not open to any employees (and their immediate family) of the promoter or any of its associated companies. MoM reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) at any time and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who, or any entry which, it believes has breached any of these terms, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or improper conduct which may undermine the fair and proper conduct of this competition.
- ENTRY/COMPETITION PERIOD: This competition opens at 12:00:00 BST on 01 JULY 2021 and closes at 23:59:59 BST on 15 JULY 2021.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, individuals must within the entry period purchase any 70cl qualifying bottle from the Kilchoman range as available and listed on here from the MoM website in accordance with MoM’s standard Consumer Terms of Business (each being a qualifying purchase or qualifying entry). Multiple entries are permitted! No purchase necessary entry option is also available.
- YOU CAN ALSO ENTER WITHOUT MAKING A PURCHASE: If you are eligible to enter, send us a postcard or letter at Master of Malt, Unit 1, Ton Business Park, 2-8 Morley Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1RA, United Kingdom (marked for the attention of the MoM Marketing Team), casually mentioning the fact that you wish to enter the KIlchoman competition and set out your name and contact details. Provided that the postcard or letter is received prior to the expiry of the entry period, you will be entered into the competition as though it was a qualifying purchase. By entering the competition in this way, the entrant confirms that he or she is eligible to do so. MoM will not be responsible for any entries which are lost or delayed in transit, regardless of cause including, for example, as a result of any failure of any postal system of any kind. MoM will not accept proof of posting as proof of receipt of entry to the competition. Postcards and letters will not be returned.
- WINNER(S): There will be 1 prize for 1 winner, who will be selected at random out of all qualifying entries shortly after the competition period. The selection of the winner made will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- PRIZE PROVIDER: The prize is provided by the Kilchoman distillery. All travel and accommodation arrangements relating to the prize will be the sole responsibility of Kilchoman. MoM will not be responsible for any failure or delay in travel and accommodation arrangements.
- THE PRIZE:The winner will win a trip for 2 people (i.e. you can bring a guest but your guest must also be 18 years or older) to the Kilchoman distillery on Islay. The prize is strictly non-negotiable, non-transferable, and cannot be exchanged for any equivalent cash value, cash alternative, or for other items. The prize includes the following:
- return standard or economy flight travel for 2 people from Glasgow airport to the distillery in Islay, Scotland;
- travel from Islay airport to the Kilchoman distillery; complimentary coffee
- complimentary lunch at the visitor centre;
- complimentary VIP personal tour; and
- complimentary warehouse tasting; and
- complimentary coffee and cake picnic on Machir Bay
- standard accommodation in Islay at the Machrie for 1 night for 2 people (subject to availability and to be arranged by prize provider); including dinner and breakfast
- Complimentary round of golf OR spa treatment OR time in the Still House distilling Kilchoman with the team
- IMPORTANT BOOKING AND TRAVELLING RESTRICTIONS: The winner claims the prize subject to the following restrictions:
- the prize trip and all travel arrangements must be booked and taken within 12 months of the winner being notified of winning the prize;
- travel dates and relevant reservations once notified to the winner cannot be changed, postponed, or cancelled.
- OTHER COSTS OR EXPENSES: Any other costs or expenses not listed that may incur in connection with the winner and their guest taking up the prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner and their guest.
- AVAILABILITY TO TRAVEL: The winner and their guest will be solely responsible for ensuring that they will be available to travel and that will hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents incidental to the fulfilment of the prize on the dates specified.
- CLAIMING THE PRIZE: The name of the winner will be announced on MoM’s blog as soon as practicable upon selection. MoM will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner via email or by telephone as soon as practicable. If any winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed the prize within 5 days of MoM contacting them, MoM reserves the right to offer the prize to another eligible entrant. MoM cannot accept any responsibility if any winner is unable to take up the prize or fails to claim the prize within the time limit as set out above. MoM may contact the winner for feedback in respect of the competition and/or prize and may use any feedback provided when announcing the results and promoting the Competition or subsequent competitions.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Insofar as is permitted by law, the promoter, its agents, employees, and/or representatives shall in no circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any entrant who participates in the competition and/or the winner and their guest(s) who claim(s) the prize for any loss, damage, personal injury or death whatsoever and howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any direct, indirect or consequential losses arising out of or in connection with their participation in this competition, any failure or delays or postponements or cancellations in making the appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements as a result of the winner taking up the prize (including in relation to their guests), except where it is caused by the negligence of the promoter, its agents, employees, and/or authorised representatives. Competition entrants’ statutory rights are not affected.
- GENERAL: These terms shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
© 2021 Master of Malt. All rights reserved
Adam O'Connell has been writing for Master of Malt for over five years now. He’s visited distilleries, wineries, and breweries across the world, reviewed a variety of whiskies, gins, rums, Tequilas, mezcals, brandies, vodkas, wines, beers, and cocktails, and contributed all kinds of words in all sorts of places, including over 500 articles to this award-winning online blog. He’s even met Aisling Bea AND Ainsley Harriott. Not at the same time.