We’re giving you and a plus-one the chance to head to Islay and to enjoy some Fèis Ìle 2022 festivities with the wonderful folk at Bunnahabhain Distillery. You don’t want to miss out.
Spending the last two years not attending Fèis Ìle in person has been hard for us whisky lovers. We miss the sights, the sounds, the smells. Frankly, you’ll have to forgive some of us here at MoM Towers who have been experiencing some slight withdrawal symptoms. Jake has taken to standing underneath a sprinkler while blasting Celtic tunes. I’m making travel arrangements for ferries and flights and then cancelling all of them at the last minute. I think I even saw Sam scribbling his own label on a mock TBWC exclusive bottle. It was very clearly bourbon. The poor soul.
There’s only one cure for all of this. We simply must go next year. We have to experience the island, the food, the music, the wilderness and, of course, the whisky. We’re sure you’re of a similar mindset. This is why we came up with a brilliant idea. Why don’t we send a couple of you to the island while the festival is going on behalf of us and our friends over at Bunnahabhain Distillery?
That’s right, it’s competition time. And this one is a doozy. We’re jetting you off to Scotland for three nights from 2-5 June 2022 to enjoy an array of activities and boozy delights. And it’s all happening while Fèis Ìle 2022 is taking place (27 May – 4 June). Want to know exactly what you could win? Of course you do. Here’s the list in full:
Fancy heading here? Enter now!
The grand prize
-Flights from a UK airport to Scotland, and onward travel to Islay (flights and ferry)
-Accommodation at the cottage at Bowmore from the 2nd to the 5th June 2022 with breakfast included.
-Complimentary evening meal, with a tutored tasting from someone at the distillery
-A morning masterclass with master blender Julieann Fernandez and distillery manager Andrew Brown
-As well as a backstage pass to have a chat with them after the tasting
-Two tickets for the incredibly popular dramming sessions at Warehouse 9
-Two tickets for the Bunnahabhain at Sea boat trip
-Two tickets for one complimentary lunch at the Bunnahabhain Distillery
-A complimentary Fèis Ìle bottling of whisky
-£25 allowance per person per day
It’s worth saying at this point that, if the much-feared does happen and Fèis Ìle is postponed, the dates and details of the trip will be adjusted to match. For full details check the T&Cs, as always.
Whisky-soaked adventure awaits!
“How do I enter?! Tell meeeeeee!!!”
Simple. Just purchase a bottle of whisky from this range of Bunnahabhain delights for a chance to win. You can buy as many bottles as you want from the following selection, which includes some great special offers, and even if you don’t win you’ll still have a terrific bottle of whisky to call your own. We do look after you.
You have until 30 June to enter, so don’t hang around. The chance to win a trip of a lifetime doesn’t come around often, so when it does you really want to take it. Best of luck everyone!
MoM Bunnahabhain Competition 2021 open to entrants 18 years and over. Entries accepted from 12:00:01pm 16 June to 23:59 30 June 2021. Date and important travel restrictions apply. Winners chosen at random after close of competition. Postal route available. See full T&Cs for details.
View Full Terms and Conditions.
MoM Bunnahabhain Competition 2021 T&Cs
- THE PROMOTER: The promoter is Atom Supplies Limited (company register number 03193057), trading as Master of Malt (MoM) and having its registered office at Unit 1 Ton Business Park, 2-8 Morley Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1RA, United Kingdom.
- ELIGIBILITY: This competition is only open to individuals who are 18 years or older (or of legal drinking age in the country which they are a resident of). Ineligible entries (howsoever received) will be discarded. The competition is not open to any employees (and their immediate family) of the promoter or any of its associated companies. MoM reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) at any time and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who, or any entry which, it believes has breached any of these terms, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or improper conduct which may undermine the fair and proper conduct of this competition.
- ENTRY/COMPETITION PERIOD: This competition opens at 12:00:00 BST on 16 JUNE 2021 and closes at 23:59:59 BST on 30 JUNE 2021.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, individuals must within the entry period purchase any 70cl qualifying bottle from Bunnahabhain as available and listed on this page from the MoM website in accordance with MoM’s standard Consumer Terms of Business (each being a qualifying purchase or qualifying entry). Multiple entries are permitted! No purchase necessary entry option is also available.
- YOU CAN ALSO ENTER WITHOUT MAKING A PURCHASE: If you are eligible to enter, send us a postcard or letter at Master of Malt, Unit 1, Ton Business Park, 2-8 Morley Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1RA, United Kingdom (marked for the attention of the MoM Marketing Team), casually mentioning the fact that you wish to enter the Bunnahabhain competition and set out your name and contact details. Provided that the postcard or letter is received prior to the expiry of the entry period, you will be entered into the competition as though it was a qualifying purchase. By entering the competition in this way, the entrant confirms that he or she is eligible to do so. MoM will not be responsible for any entries which are lost or delayed in transit, regardless of cause including, for example, as a result of any failure of any postal system of any kind. MoM will not accept proof of posting as proof of receipt of entry to the competition. Postcards and letters will not be returned.
- WINNER(S): There will be 1 prize for 1 winner, who will be selected at random out of all qualifying entries shortly after the competition period. The selection of the winner made will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- PRIZE PROVIDER: The prize is provided by Distell International. All travel and accommodation arrangements relating to the prize will be the sole responsibility of Distell. MoM will not be responsible for any failure or delay in travel and accommodation arrangements.
- THE PRIZE: The winner will win a 4-days and 3-nights trip for 2 people (i.e. you can bring a guest but your guest must also be 18 years or older) to Islay, Scotland to with a chance to participate in Fèis Ìle (The Islay Festival) 2022 (subject to Fèis Ìle taking place on the published dates in 2022, if Fèis Ìle is postponed and/or cancelled, the prize trip, including but not limited to its dates, accommodation, and other activities will be adjusted as required to correspond with the new Fèis Ìle dates). The prize is strictly non-negotiable, non-transferable, and cannot be exchanged for any equivalent cash value, cash alternative, or for other items. The prize includes the following:
- standard economy return travel from a UK airport and onward travel to Islay (onward travel to Islay maybe by plane and/or ferry, to be arranged and confirmed with Distell);
- accommodation at the cottage at Bowmore from the 2nd to the 5th June 2022 (not actual Fèis Ìle dates but overlaps with Fèis Ìle). This is based on two people sharing a double room (complimentary breakfast included each morning);
- complimentary evening meal, with a tutored tasting from someone at the distillery (date to be confirmed but likely on the day of arrival and subject to availability of tutor)r;
- complimentary ticket for the morning Masterclass with Andrew Brown (distillery manager) and Julieann Fernandez (master blender) (approx. 90min from approx. 11.00am, date to be confirmed);
- backstage pass to have a chat with Andrew and Julieann after the tasting;
- ticket for one complimentary lunch at the Bunnahabhain Distillery (date to be confirmed);
- ticket for a complimentary afternoon Warehouse 9 tour session (approx. 1hr long);
- ticket for one complimentaryBunnahabhain at Sea fast RHIB trip (approx. 30min fast boat trip, subject to availability);
- complimentary Feis Bottle (specific bottling at distillery’s discretion); and
- £25 spend allowance per person per day (to be claimed back from Distell, precise claiming procedure to be confirmed).
- IMPORTANT BOOKING AND TRAVELLING RESTRICTIONS: The winner claims the prize subject to the following restrictions:
- Fèis Ìle is organised by a third party unrelated to MoM and Distell, MoM and Distell have no control over any matters relating to the official Fèis Ìle events and decisions; if Fèis Ìle is postponed and/or cancelled, the prize trip will be adjusted in any manner as necessary in Distell’s sole discretion (whilst acting reasonably and in good faith) to correspond with any newly published Fèis Ìle dates;
- travel dates and relevant reservations cannot be changed, postponed, or cancelled.
- OTHER COSTS OR EXPENSES: Any other costs or expenses not listed that may incur in connection with the winner and their guest taking up the prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner and their guest.
- AVAILABILITY TO TRAVEL: The winner and their guest will be solely responsible for ensuring that they will be available to travel and that will hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents incidental to the fulfilment of the prize on the dates specified.
- CLAIMING THE PRIZE: The name of the winner will be announced on MoM’s blog as soon as practicable upon selection. MoM will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner via email or by telephone as soon as practicable. If any winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed the prize within 5 days of MoM contacting them, MoM reserves the right to offer the prize to another eligible entrant. MoM cannot accept any responsibility if any winner is unable to take up the prize or fails to claim the prize within the time limit as set out above. MoM may contact the winner for feedback in respect of the competition and/or prize and may use any feedback provided when announcing the results and promoting the Competition or subsequent competitions.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Insofar as is permitted by law, the promoter, its agents, employees, and/or representatives shall in no circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any entrant who participates in the competition and/or the winner and their guest(s) who claim(s) the prize for any loss, damage, personal injury or death whatsoever and howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any direct, indirect or consequential losses arising out of or in connection with their participation in this competition, any failure or delays or postponements or cancellations in making the appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements as a result of the winner taking up the prize (including in relation to their guests), except where it is caused by the negligence of the promoter, its agents, employees, and/or authorised representatives. Competition entrants’ statutory rights are not affected.
- GENERAL: These terms shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
© 2021 Master of Malt. All rights reserved
Adam O'Connell has been writing for Master of Malt for over five years now. He’s visited distilleries, wineries, and breweries across the world, reviewed a variety of whiskies, gins, rums, Tequilas, mezcals, brandies, vodkas, wines, beers, and cocktails, and contributed all kinds of words in all sorts of places, including over 500 articles to this award-winning online blog. He’s even met Aisling Bea AND Ainsley Harriott. Not at the same time.