A once-in-a-lifetime trip awaits those who win our Johnnie Walker Christmas competition. If you fancy the ultimate Edinburgh whisky experience, of course.
UPDATE: We have our winners! In third place, we have Julie Levett. In second, Garth Imison. And in first place, scoring the big prize, is Jennifer Rose! Congratulations to all our victors, enjoy your whisky!
It doesn’t really get bigger than Johnnie Walker, so it’s no surprise when the Scotch whisky giants do a competition, they do it right. This is a true VIP trip.
A once-in-a-lifetime experience awaits
What you win
So here’s the skinny, this one has three winners. The first winner will get the ultimate Edinburgh experience from Johnnie Walker, heading to the beautiful city with a plus one for two nights at a 5* hotel. They’ll get electric car airport transfers by a private driver as well as complimentary breakfasts, lunches, a dinner in one of the city’s Michelin Star restaurants, and a fine dining experience at Dean Banks at the Pompadour.
Then there’s the whisky side of things. You’re probably aware of Johnnie Walker’s impressive location at Princes Street, Edinburgh. The winner and their plus one will enjoy a complimentary archive tour, a Journey of Flavour Experience, a Whisky Makers Cellar experience, and a Whisky Explorer’s experience in The Explorer’s Bothy (45 min tutored tasting of five whiskies) as well as a fill your own bottle experience for two people.
The runner-up, meanwhile, will receive a Johnnie Walker Blue Label Gift Pack with 2x Glasses. That’s £170 worth classic whisky and branded glasses to drink it in. Third place will also be well rewarded with a Johnnie Walker Not So Old Fashioned Gift Set, a comprehensive cocktail kit that includes Johnnie Walker Black Label 12 Year Old, Monin Sugar Syrup, a jigger, a glass, orange slices and Angostura Bitters.
I’m not sure why we’re giving this all away. Are we sure we can’t keep any of it? Guys?
How to enter
To enter, all you need to do is purchase any of the following:
That’s it, now get those entries in!
MoM Johnnie Walker Christmas Competition 2022 open to entrants 18 years + and UK (excluding Northern Ireland) resident only. Entries accepted from 10:00:00 GMT on 12 December 2022 and closes at 23:59:59 GMT on 25 December 2022. Date and travel restrictions apply. Winners chosen at random after close of competition. See full T&Cs for details.
View Full Terms and Conditions.
MoM Johnnie Walker Christmas competition 2022 T&Cs
IMPORTANT BOOKING AND TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS DETAILED IN PARAGRAPHS 9-10.
- THE PROMOTER: The promoter is Atom Supplies Limited (company register number 03193057), trading as Master of Malt (MoM) and having its registered office at Unit 1 Ton Business Park, 2-8 Morley Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1RA, United Kingdom.
- ELIGIBILITY: This competition is only open to individuals who are 18 years or older and are residents of the United Kingdom, excluding Northern Ireland. To be eligible, the shipping address for the winning entry must be in the UK. Ineligible entries (howsoever received) will be discarded. The competition is not open to any employees (and their immediate family) of the promoter or any of its associated companies. MoM reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) at any time and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who, or any entry which, it believes has breached any of these terms, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or improper conduct which may undermine the fair and proper conduct of this competition.
- ENTRY/COMPETITION PERIOD: This competition opens at 10:00:00 GMT on 12 December 2022 and closes at 23:59:59 GMT on 25 December 2022.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, eligible individuals must within the entry period purchase a qualifying product from the following list of products as available and listed on www.masterofmalt.com. For a purchase to be a valid entry: (i) it must be made on www.masterofmalt.com; (ii) it must be completed within the entry period (i.e. payment approved and order confirmation received); and all entrants must agree to MoM’s standard Consumer Terms of Business to complete the purchase (each being a qualifying purchase or qualifying entry). Multiple entries are permitted! Qualifying products: Johnnie Walker Black Label 12 Year Old Gift Pack: includes Johnnie Walker Black label 70cl, 50ml miniature of Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve and a 50ml miniature of Johnnie Walker Double Black; Johnnie Walker 18 Year Old Gift Pack: includes Johnnie Walker 18 Year Old and two 50ml miniatures; Johnnie Walker Not So Old Fashioned Gift Set: Johnnie Walker Black Label 12 Year Old 35cl, Monin Sugar Syrup 5cl, a jigger, a glass, orange slices and Angostura Bitters; Johnnie Walker 12 Day of Discovery: includes 12 miniatures of 5cl; Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve Cracker 20cl; Johnnie Walker Blue Label Gift Pack with 2x Glasses: Johnnie Walker Blue Label 70cl and 2 glasses; Johnnie Walker Black Label 12 Year Old with 2x Highball Glasses: Johnnie Walker Black label 70cl and 2 glasses.
- WINNER(S): There are 1 main prize and 2 runner-up prizes and therefore 1 main winner and 2 runners-up will be selected at random out of all qualifying entries shortly after the competition period. The selection of the winner and runners-up made will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- PRIZE PROVIDER: The main prize is provided by Diageo Great Britain Limited (Diageo). All travel and accommodation arrangements relating to the main prize will be the sole responsibility of Diageo. MoM will not be responsible for any failure or delay in travel and accommodation arrangements. The runners-up prizes are being delivered by MoM. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the runners-up prizes with an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event the prize is not available for reasons outside of the promoter’s control. All prizes are strictly non-negotiable, non-transferable, and cannot be exchanged for any equivalent cash value, cash alternative, or for other items.
- THE MAIN PRIZE: The main winner will win a 3 days and two nights trip for 2 people (i.e. a winner can bring a guest but your guest must also be 18 years or older) to Edinburgh in Scotland, UK. The prize is strictly non-negotiable, non-transferable, and cannot be exchanged for any equivalent cash value, cash alternative, or for other items. The prize includes the following: standard or economy flight travel for 2 people from any single named point of origin in the United Kingdom to the Edinburgh Airport in Scotland, UK; airport transfers (from the airport to the city – from the city to the airport); accommodation in Edinburgh for 2 nights for 2 people at a 5-star hotel (subject to availability and to be arranged by Diageo); complimentary breakfasts for 2 people; complimentary lunches for 2 people; complimentary dinner in one of the city’s Michelin starred restaurants for 2 people for one of the nights; complimentary fine dining experience at Dean Banks at The Pompadour; complimentary tours and experiences at Johnnie Walker Princes Street, including A Journey of Flavour Experience, Archive Tour, Whisky Makers Cellar Experience, and Whisky Explorer’s Experience in The Explorer’s Bothy (45 min tutored tasting of 5 whiskies); and complimentary “fill your own bottle” experience for 2 people.
- IMPORTANT MAIN PRIZE BOOKING AND TRAVELLING RESTRICTIONS: The main winner claiming the prize is subject to the following restrictions: The trip cannot be taken during Easter, Christmas, and UK bank holidays; The main winner and their guest must be 18 years or older; Travel dates and relevant reservations once notified to the winner cannot be changed, postponed, or cancelled.
- MAIN PRIZE OTHER COSTS OR EXPENSES: Any other costs or expenses not listed that may incur in connection with the winner and their guest taking up the prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner and their guest.
- MAIN PRIZE AVAILABILITY TO TRAVEL: The winner and their guest will be solely responsible for ensuring that they will be available to travel and that will hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents incidental to the fulfilment of the prize on the dates specified.
- THE RUNNERS-UP PRIZES: The first runner-up will win a Johnnie Walker Blue Label Gift Pack with 2x Glasses (consists of a 70cl bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label and two glasses). The second runner-up will win a Johnnie Walker Not So Old Fashioned Gift Set (consists of a 35cl bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label 12 Year Old, 5cl bottle of Monin Sugar Syrup, a jigger, a glass, dried orange slices, and Angostura Bitters. The runners-up prizes are inclusive of packaging and carriage. The runners-up prizes can only be delivered to a valid address within the United Kingdom provided by the runners-up.
- CLAIMING THE PRIZE: The names of the winners and runners-up will be announced on MoM’s blog as soon as practicable upon selection. MoM will make reasonable efforts to contact the prize recipients via email or by telephone as soon as practicable. If any prize recipient cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed the prize within 5 days of MoM contacting them, MoM reserves the right to offer the prize to another eligible entrant. MoM cannot accept any responsibility if any prize recipient is unable to take up the prize or fails to claim the prize within the time limit as set out above. MoM may contact the prize recipients for feedback in respect of the competition and/or prize and may use any feedback provided when announcing the results and promoting the competition or subsequent competitions.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Insofar as is permitted by law, the promoter, its agents, employees, and/or representatives shall in no circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any entrant who participates in the competition and/or the winner and their guest(s) who claim(s) the prize for any loss, damage, personal injury or death whatsoever and howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any direct, indirect or consequential losses arising out of or in connection with their participation in this competition, any failure or delays or postponements or cancellations in making the appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements as a result of the winner taking up the prize (including in relation to their guests), except where it is caused by the negligence of the promoter, its agents, employees, and/or authorised representatives. Competition entrants’ statutory rights are not affected.
- GENERAL: These terms shall be governed by the law of England and Wales, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
© 2022 Master of Malt. All rights reserved.