There are few Scotch whisky fans who wouldn’t jump at a chance to see inside the wonderful Mortlach Distillery. It’s one of Scotland’s finest distilleries and is well known across the globe for its unusual and unique distillation process known as ‘The Way’ and the spirit this produces, which is affectionately known as ‘The Beast of Dufftown’ for its bold, muscular and robust character. It’s such a shame it’s not usually open to the public. Somebody really should team up with the creators of those distinctive drams to offer an incredible VIP trip for one lucky person and their plus-one.
Somebody did. Us. Yes, that’s right people. We’ve launched another fantastic MoM competition and we’re taking one fortunate human being and their chosen human companion to Mortlach Distillery!
Mortlach distils its whisky 2.81 times in a process unique to the distillery
“What do I win?! What do I win?! What do I win?!”
It’s quite the prize. The winner of this competition will earn a VIP visit to Mortlach Distillery, including a private tour and tasting for themselves and a lucky plus one (they’ll certainly owe you one after this). We’d like to take this opportunity to remind you that this is particularly special because Mortlach is not usually open to the public so this is a rare opportunity for Scotch whisky fans to see an iconic distillery like few people have before!
If that wasn’t enough, you’ll also be treated to tours of Speyside cooperage and Cardhu Distillery, two nights’ accommodation in the Craigellachie Hotel (UK travel and food included) and you’ll even receive a bottle of the sensational Mortlach 20 Year Old.
Any Scotch whisky fan reading this will be aware of what an incredible opportunity this is. A VIP trip. To visit not one, but two classic Speyside distilleries. One rarely seen by the public. Open to explore for your pleasure. Plus food. And Flights. And food. And a bottle of delicious Scotch. Also free food. All this is just one competition? Applying is a must.
This beauty could be yours if you win.
“I’m in. How do I enter?”
I’m glad you asked. You will be automatically entered into the competition if you purchase a 70cl bottle of Mortlach 12 Year Old, 16 Year Old or 20 Year Old from 16 May to 16 June 2019 (For the nitty gritty details, see the competition terms below.) You can buy as many bottles as you want, and just in time for Father’s Day too!
Plus, for the length of the competition, we’ve reduced the price on each bottle of 12 Year Old, 16 Year Old and 20 Year Old by 10%! So even if you don’t win, you still win. What a world.
Good luck, all!
MoM Mortlach 2019 Competition open to entrants 18 years and over. Entries accepted from 16 May to 16 June 2019. Winners chosen at random after close of competition. Travel only provided from a UK location. Prizes not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash equivalent. Entry also available with no purchase. See full T&Cs for details.
View Full Terms and Conditions.
MoM Mortlach 2019 Competition Terms
- PROMOTER: The promoter of this competition is Atom Supplies Limited (company number 03193057), trading as Master of Malt (MoM), whose registered office is Unit 1 Ton Business Park, 2-8 Morley Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1RA, United Kingdom.
- THESE TERMS: By entering this competition, entrants confirm they have read, understand and agree to these terms and to be bound by them. The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms at any time.
- ELIGIBILITY: This competition is only open to private individuals who are 18 years old or older (and of legal drinking age to purchase alcohol in their country of residence). Ineligible entries (howsoever received) will be discarded. Employees of the promoter, its parent company or any of its affiliated or associated companies and any of their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this competition.
- ENTRY/COMPETITION PERIOD: This competition opens at 12:00:01am GMT on 16 May 2019 and closes at 11:59:59 pm GMT on 16 June 2019.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, individuals must within the entry period purchase any qualifying 70cl bottle of Mortlach whisky as listed on www.masterofmalt.com/mortlach-competition from the MoM website in accordance with MoM’s standard Consumer Terms of Business (each being a qualifying purchase or qualifying entry). Multiple entries are permitted, encouraged even! There is also a no purchase necessary entry option outlined below.
- You can also enter this competition without making a purchase: if you are eligible to enter, send us a postcard or letter at Master of Malt, Unit 1, Ton Business Park, 2-8 Morley Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1RA, United Kingdom (marked for the attention of the MoM Marketing Team), casually mentioning the fact that you wish to enter the Father’s Day 2019 (Mortlach) competition and set out your name and contact details. Provided that the postcard or letter is received prior to the expiry of the entry period, you will be entered into the competition as though it is was a qualifying purchase. By entering the competition in this way, the entrant confirms that he or she is eligible to do so. MoM will not be responsible for any entries which are lost or delayed in transit, regardless of cause including, for example, as a result of any failure of any postal system of any kind. MoM will not accept proof of posting as proof of receipt of entry to the competition. Postcards and letters will not be returned.
- One winner will be selected at random shortly after the competition period. The selection made will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. The winner will be announced as soon as practicable after the end of the entry period on the MoM blog. In order to accept the prize, the winner shall be required to agree that we can use his or her name and county, state or region of residence (as applicable) when announcing the winner of the competition and for other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- THE PRIZE: The prize is a 3 days 2 nights trip to Aberdeen and the Mortlach Distillery provided by Diageo plc (Diageo), subject to availability, excluding bank holidays and must be claimed within 6 months from the date the winner was notified, including the following:
– standard or economy return travel from any single named point of origin within the United Kingdom to Aberdeen, Mortlach Distillery and Cardhu Distillery for two people (the choice of transport and all details of transport will be made by Diageo in its sole determination);
– refreshments on arrival at Mortlach Distillery;
– standard 2 nights accommodation at The Craigellachie Hotel for two people;
– standard transportation transfers between the distilleries and the accommodation;
– meals included (lunch and dinner on the first day, breakfast, lunch and dinner on the second day and breakfast on the third day); and
– a bottle of the Mortlach 20 Year Old Single Malt whisky.
- The prize is strictly non-negotiable, non-transferable, and cannot be exchanged for any equivalent cash value, cash alternative, or for other items. All travel and accommodation arrangements relating to the prize will be Diageo’s responsibility. Travel dates and relevant reservations once notified to the winner cannot be changed, postponed, or cancelled.
- Any other costs or expenses not listed that may incur in connection with the winners taking up the prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winners.
- The winners will be responsible for ensuring that they will be available to travel and that will hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents incidental to the fulfilment of the prize on the dates specified.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed the prize within 3 days of the announcement date, MoM reserves the right to offer the prize to another eligible competition entrant. MoM cannot accept any responsibility if the winner is unable to take up the prize.
- MoM may contact the winner for feedback in respect of the competition and/or prize and may use any feedback provided when announcing the results and promoting the competition or subsequent competitions.
- MoM reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms or any attempt to circumvent or to frustrate them, MoM may, in our sole discretion, exclude any person from participating in the competition.
- MoM reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) at any time and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who, or any entry which, it believes has breached any of these terms, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or improper conduct which may undermine the fair and proper conduct of this competition.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the promoter, its agents, employees, and/or representatives shall in no circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any entrant who participates in the competition and/or the winner (and their guest) who claim(s) the prize for any loss, damage, personal injury or death whatsoever and howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any direct, indirect or consequential losses arising out of or in connection with their participation in this competition, any failure or delays or postponements or cancellations in making the appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements as a result of the winner taking up the prize (including in relation to their guest), except where it is caused by the negligence of the promoter, its agents, employees, and/or authorised representatives. competition entrants’ statutory rights are not affected
- These terms shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
© 2019 Master of Malt. All rights reserved.