WIN a place on the panel to choose which cask gets bottled as well as receiving a special personalised bottle of the resulting limited edition release!
A proper competition this, for all you malt fans out there. The marvellous folk at the Old Hobart distillery in Tasmania are wonderful whisky makers, but are sometimes a little indecisive. Alongside his truly excellent Sherry and port cask releases, Head Distiller and distillery owner Casey Overeem has – for the first time – filled a small number of specially re-sized bourbon casks with his wonderful single malt! The trouble is they all taste superb, so he’s having a little trouble to decide which one to release first in the UK… that’s where you come in.
WHAT CAN I WIN?
We’re offering one lucky winner a unique opportunity to join a select panel of whisky experts at a Central London location (travel within the UK will be covered) in late September to decide which is the very best from three different single casks. The selected cask will then be bottled and released exclusively in the UK later in 2015. Just 50 bottles of the 60% ABV bourbon cask release will be available and in addition to having your say as to which cask is finally bottled, you’ll also receive a special personalised bottle of whisky taken from the chosen cask.
2 runners-up will also each win a bottle of Overeem Sherry Cask 43% for their efforts.
Casey and Jane Overeem need your help.
HOW DO I ENTER?
All you have to do is write us a Tasting Note that Casey himself would be proud of…
The person with the best tasting note, as chosen by Casey, will win. The whisky we want you to document is the Overeem Sherry Cask 43%. Its huge rich, fruity and spicy notes have proved a hit with single malt fans all over the globe. All you need to do is take inspiration from the whisky itself and tell us what you think it tastes like by 10pm on Thursday 18th September (winner to be announced on Friday 19th September).
If you don’t happen to have this expression to hand and don’t fancy purchasing a whole bottle, you can of course grab yourself a 3cl sample dram from the product page on the Master of Malt website:
Good ol’ Drinks By The Dram.
WAYS TO ENTER
1. Enter your tasting note in the User Review section of the Product Page, including a twitter handle so we can get in touch with you if you win!
2. Enter your tasting note in the Comments section below, ensuring that you enter an email address in the field provided so we can get in touch with you if you win!
3. Enter your tasting note in a Comment on our Facebook Post.
Best of luck!
Terms & Conditions
- The competition is not open to any employees or affiliates of Master of Malt [or Overeem], their family members or friends.
- Entrants must be 18 and over (and of legal age to purchase alcohol in your country of residence).
- There will be one winner, and the winner will be announced on Friday 19th September.
- The winner may be asked to participate in non-paid publicity accompanying or resulting from this competition (we’ll publish the name of the winner and a small statement of their delight – if supplied – nothing sinister – we promise!).
- By entering the prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in promotional material.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for the equivalent cash value.
Promoter: Master of Malt, 2 Leylands Manor, Tubwell Lane, Crowborough, East Sussex, TN6 3RH