Delva Special Brand 1976
A blended whisky with a legend behind it. Apparently it was originally discovered, along with other oak casks full of rum, gin and Cognac, in a cellar in North Africa by Erwin Rommel's Afrika Korps and shipped to Nettuno, Italy (after a glass or two had been enjoyed, of course). It's there that the whisky was bottle in or around 1944 by the Delva distillery. Year and years later, it was privately sold in Linz, Austria, in 1976. A very rare piece of whisky and war history.