2 500 000 litres
Tullibardine Distillery Ltd
A brewery was built on the site of today’s Tullibardine distillery.
The Scottish King, James IV, purchases beer produced at the brewery. The brewery sources water from the same spring that the modern Tullibardine distillery currently uses.
The architect William Delmé-Evans found the distillery.
The distillery is sold to Brodie Hepburn.
Invergordon Distillers buys Brodie Hepburn Ltd.
The number of stills doubles from two to four.
Whyte & Mackay (owned by Fortune Brands) buys Invergordon Distillers.
Tullibardine is mothballed.
Whyte & Mackay changes name to JBB (Greater Europe).
JBB (Greater Europe) is bought out from Fortune Brands by management and changes name to Kyndal (Whyte & Mackay from 2003).
A consortium including Michael Beamish buys Tullibardine in June for £1.1 million. The distillery is in production again by December. The first official bottling from the new owners is a 10 year old from 1993.
Three vintage malts, from 1964, 1973 and 1988 respectively, are launched. Tullibardine 1488 Shop and 1488 Café opens.
Three wood finishes from 1993, port, muscatel and marsala are launched together with a 1986 John Black selection.
Vintage 1966 (plus a special World Cup version), Sherry Wood 1993 and a new John Black selection are launched.
Five different wood finishes are released as well as a couple of single cask vintages.
A Vintage 1968 40 year old is released.
Reproduced from the Malt Whisky Yearbook 2009 with the kind permission of Mr Ingvar Ronde