About Tamdhu Whisky Distillery
4 000 000 litres
Knockando, Aberlour, Morayshire AB38 7RP
The distillery is founded by Tamdhu Distillery Company, a consortium of whisky blenders with William Grant as the main promoter. Charles Doig is the architect.
The first casks are filled in July.
Highland Distillers Company, which has several of the 1896 consortium members in managerial positions, buys Tamdhu Distillery Company.
The distillery closes.
he distillery reopens.
The distillery is mothballed.
The distillery is in full production again in July.
The floor maltings is replaced by Saladin boxes when the distillery is rebuilt.
The number of stills is increased from two to four.
Two stills augment the previous four.
Tamdhu 8 years is launched as single malt.