About Glen Garioch Whisky Distillery
1 000 000 litres
Old Meldrum, Aberdeenshire
The distiller Thomas Simpson founds Glen Garioch.
The distillery is bought by John Manson & Co., owner of Strathmeldrum Distillery.
The distillery is bought by J. G. Thompson.
Glengarioch Distillery Company, owned by William Sanderson, buys the distillery.
Sanderson & Son merges with the gin maker Booth’s Distilleries Ltd.
Booth´s Distilleries Ltd is acquired by Distillers Company Limited (DCL).
Glen Garioch is transferred to Scottish Malt Distillers (SMD).
Glen Garioch is decommissioned.
Sold to Stanley P. Morrison Ltd.
Reconstruction and production starts again. A more peaty whisky is produced.
Stills are increased from two to four.
Becomes the first distillery to use gas from the North Sea for heating.
Suntory controls all of Morrison Bowmore Distillers Ltd.
The distillery is mothballed in October.
The distillery reopens in August.
336 bottles of the oldest ever Glen Garioch is released, a 46 year old from 1958.
15 year old Bordeaux Cask Finish is launched. A visitor centre opens in October.
An 8 year old is released.