About Bladnoch Whisky Distillery
100 000 litres
Bladnoch, Wigtown, Wigtonshire DG8 9AB
Brothers Thomas and John McClelland found the distillery.
The McClelland brothers obtain a licence.
John McClelland’s son Charlie reconstructs and refurbishes the distillery.
Dunville & Co. from Ireland buys T. & A. McClelland Ltd for £10,775. Production is intermittent until 1936.
Dunville & Co. is liquidated and Bladnoch is wound up. Ross & Coulter from Glasgow buys the distillery some time after the war. The equipment is dismantled and shipped to Sweden.
A. B. Grant (Bladnoch Distillery Ltd.) takes over and restarts production with four new stills.
McGown and Cameron becomes new owners.
The number of stills is increased from two to four.
Inver House Distillers buys Bladnoch.
Arthur Bell and Sons take over.
Guiness Group buys Arthur Bell & Sons which, from 1989, are included in United Distillers.
A visitor centre is built.
United Distillers mothballs Bladnoch in June.
Raymond Armstrong from Northern Ireland buys Bladnoch in October.
Production commences in December.
The first bottles from Raymond Armstrong are launched, a 15 year old cask strength from UD casks.
New varieties follow suit: e. g. 13 year olds 40% and 55%.
First release of whisky produced after the take-over in 2000 - three 6 year olds.