We’re looking for an exceptional PR executive/manager to help us do just that! Reporting to the Editor but working across our dynamic marketing team, you’ll be part of a drinks business that defies convention and helps others, from internal stakeholders to external journalists, writers and researchers do the same.
The culture here is one of hard work but also great fun. We like to think of our business as a creative, driven, fast-paced, informal place to work. You can turn up in fancy dress for all we care, as long as you deliver results, and with a relatively small workforce everyone is given big responsibility and trust and this means you can be a real driving force for us.
With so many avenues to explore there is room to tailor your role to your interests, passions and what you think will work. In many situations you’ll be entering new waters and as such will need to be prepared to try new things and push your boundaries.
About the role
Part of our growing marketing team, this newly created PR role is suited to a talented communicator with a love for all things spirits. We have news to shout about, but we also have access to industry-leading analytics and insights that we can share with the world. You’ll help us shout about what’s going on in our wonderful world of drinks by engaging with trade and consumer press, researchers, writers, and of course our internal teams.
We need an exceptional PR talent to enhance brand awareness and own the communications across the business in this pivotal role. If you are a dynamic go-getter, enjoy a challenge and see yourself as a communications leader then read on…
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Build amazing relationships with consumer and trade journalists and freelancers. Get to know them and their needs, be their new best friend
- Field external enquiries and meet their needs in an efficient, timely manner! Speed wins in journalism!
- Provide/feed in Master of Malt commentary – we want to share our expertise with the world!
- Work with analytics to uncover compelling, emerging trends in drinks and shout about them
- Proactively identify opportunities for us to share our insights, data, trends and news
- Collate insights and trends for easy reference
- Work with the content team to help us craft the finest press releases the drinks world has ever seen – then distribute them
- Work with campaigns team to help implement and amplify their awesome projects
- Analyse and feed back on press coverage
- Keep on top of industry news and trends – immerse yourself in the on- and off-trade, what people are drinking, big spirits happenings, etc.
- Organise press events from time to time
- Identify new opportunities we’ve not even thought about yet!
- Unrivalled contacts with the drinks trade media (consumer connections would be a huge positive, too!)
- Solid experience in a demanding PR role where multi-tasking and prioritisation were key – either in-house or at an agency
- Experience in driving successful campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Exceptional organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Digitally savvy
You love the spirits industry, have a great understanding of the English language and clear, bold communications. You’re super personable and are fabulous at building and maintaining relationships. You’re an excellent communicator, highly creative and full of ideas, and pay meticulous attention to details. And you’re bold enough to make the case for a fabulous/out there campaign!
You adore spirits, wines and/or beers, and want to know more about them and tell their stories. You’ll have an analytical/commercial awareness and an ability to tell/sell in stories based on data. Ideally you’ll be able to demonstrate at least two years’ experience at account exec level or equivalent, and you’ll have a contacts book bursting with drinks press industry folk. The WSET Level 2 in Spirits Award is hugely desirable. While you won’t necessarily be an accomplished wordsmith, you will need to understand the power of language and be able to recognise good copywriting.
Why work for us?
Other than the standard benefits you expect to see from a business (think pension, cycle-2-work scheme, free eye care vouchers, childcare vouchers) we also offer…
- Flexible working – We’re focused on productivity, not the clock. We’ll work with you to make sure you’re happy with how and when you work…
- A relaxed working environment – There are no suits and ties here (unless you insist)
- A challenge – The opportunity to make a difference to the future of the business. It is our people who put us in the 2017 Sunday Times Fast Track 100
- Personal Days – Seven completely flexible personal days on top of your annual leave, because we all need a duvet day from time to time
- A healthy staff discount on our world-class range – Just in case that makes a difference
- (Un)healthy irreverence– National pizza/doughnut/pie/lemonade/etc day? We got it covered
If you think you have what it takes to be our PR Exec/Manager apply now! Along with your CV please send a covering letter explaining why you are the right person for the job, and telling us about the last time you LOVED a drink and why.
Salary – £25,000 – £35,000 (depending on experience)