About the business
We are a small, rapidly growing business based in Tonbridge that includes a variety of brands, the flagship of which is, of course, Master of Malt.
Master of Malt is an international, multiple award winning online spirits and drinks retailer. We have been in business for over 25 years and have a huge range of single malts, other fine spirits and beers.
The culture here is one of hard work but also great fun. We like to think of our business as a creative, driven, fast-paced, informal place to work. You can turn up in fancy dress for all we care, as long as you deliver results, and with a relatively small workforce everyone is given big responsibility and trust and this means you can be a real driving force for us.
With so many avenues to explore there is room to tailor your role to your interests, passions and what you think will work. In many situations you’ll be entering new waters and as such will need to be prepared to try new things and push your boundaries.
Posted: 3 July, 2018
Organization: Master of Malt
You’re enthusiastic, energetic and trustworthy. You like to move and hustle, you’ve got pace, you like to get things done!
You want to work hard because you want to make a difference. You care about what you do, but you want to have fun while you’re doing it.
You want to work somewhere that rewards the effort you put in and values great people.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare product to the specification required, for example, bottles, wrapping, labelling, finishing, etc
- Carry out data entry on the in-house stock document management system
- Organise workload in relation to the targets expected
- Clean machinery after use
- Carry out daily quality control and calibration checks
- Making sure orders go out on time, and to the correct courier
- Packaging the orders as to keep them safe and secure in transit
- Quality auditing orders that come through before you pack them into boxes
- Working with Customer Services to address any potential issues that may occur
- To provide an efficient and effective ‘goods in’ service in line with department ‘best practice’ and ensure compliance with the relevant policies and procedures
- To identify, accurately check and sign for goods into the department,
- To ensure the goods in/holding area is kept safe, secure, clean and organised
Qualifications and Skills
- Production or warehouse experience would be helpful
- Basic understanding of IT
- Written and spoken English to a good level
Why work for us? Well, other than all the usual stuff that any normal company should give (pensions, childcare vouchers, cycle2work scheme), we've got...
- Free food
- Endless fancy coffee (George Clooney endorsed)
- A relaxed and good-humoured working environment
- Working with the most intuitive, fun, and hardworking people you'll ever likely to meet and speak to
Oh, and you get to buy booze at cost price. Just in case that makes a difference.
Due to the volume of applicants we receive, if you've not heard from us within four weeks then please consider your application unsuccessful.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.00 to £9.00 /hour
To apply for a role or for information, please contact [email protected].