03 October 2011
Online Retailer Master of Malt has teamed up with whisky blog CaskStrength.net to launch a very novel product to celebrate Christmas 2011: cocktail bitters made with gold, frankincense and myrrh.
The “Christmas Bitters” were designed as the perfect seasoning for any winter cocktail made with rum, whisky or brandy, and are flavoured with festive spices such as cinnamon, clementines, nutmeg, cloves and, of course, 23 carat gold, frankincense and myrrh. These flavours add depth and complexity to rich winter-warmers such as an Old-Fashioned, a Hot Toddy or a heady Irish Coffee. Perfect for a crisp December evening.
The bitters, which will have a retail price of £12.95, are available to pre-order from Master of Malt, and are currently ageing in a top quality oak cask that previously held 38 year old Glen Grant single malt. You can also literally watch the bitters ageing via a live webcam feed on Master of Malt’s site, where you’ll notice a striking festive scene replete with a cheap plastic Christmas tree, some USB-powered fairy lights, the cask containing the bitters, and a small cardboard cut-out angel in the form of Brian Blessed as Prince Vultan from Flash Gordon.
The Christmas Bitters will be bottled on the 31st October 2011, and make the perfect Christmas gift for anyone into their rich, spicy cocktails.
About Christmas Bitters
- Made with 25 different botanicals, include 23 carat gold, frankincense, myrrh.
- Aged in a barrel that once held 38 year old Glen Grant single malt whisky
- The perfect addition for rich, spicy, winter warmer cocktails and drinks
About Master of Malt:
- Established in 1985
- One of the UK’s leading Online Spirits Merchants, with a huge range of whiskies, rum, brandies, gins, cocktails and other fine spirits.
- UK Next Day Delivery from £6.95
Follow Master of Malt:
- On Twitter: @MasterOfMalt
- On Facebook: MasterOfMalt