About Glenburgie Whisky Distillery
4 200 000 litres
Alves, Near Forres, Moray
Chivas Brothers (Pernod Ricard)
Glenburgie, Forres, Morayshire IV36 2QY
William Paul founds Kilnflat Distillery. Official production starts in 1829.
Kilnflat distillery closes.
The distillery reopens under the name Glenburgie-Glenlivet, Charles Hay is licensee.
Alexander Fraser & Co. takes over.
Alexander Fraser & Co. goes bankrupt and the receiver Donald Mustad assumes control of operations.
James & George Stodart Ltd buys the distillery which by this time is inactive.
Hiram Walker buys 60% of James & George Stodart Ltd.
Hiram Walker buys Glenburgie Distillery in October. Production restarts.
Lomond stills are installed producing a single malt, Glencraig. Floor malting ceases.
The Lomond stills are replaced by conventional stills.
Allied Lyons buys Hiram Walker.
A 15 year old is released.
A £4.3 million refurbishment and reconstruction takes place.
Chivas Brothers (Pernod Ricard) become new owners through the acquisition of Allied Domecq.
The number of stills are increased from four to six in May.