10 October 2011
After launching the incredibly popular Bathtub Gin, Master of Malt is proud to announce the release of Professor Cornelius Ampleforth’s second product: Proprietary Barley Spirit Drink. The drink is based on a centuries-old technique of treating whisky casks with “Paxarette”, a rich, syrupy flavouring which originated from the Spanish town of Pajarete, and is made by boiling down grape juice and sherry.
Proprietary Barley Spirit Drink takes this idea, and goes one step further, reducing deliciously sweet Pedro Ximenez dessert sherry until it resembles black treacle, and then mixing it with the finest 10 year old, sherry cask matured Speyside single malt whisky. The result is the ultimate Winter drink: an unctuously sweet, syrupy concoction that is rather reminiscent of Christmas Pudding, laden with brandy butter!
Nose: Immense sherry tones on the nose, coupled with juicy, sticky prunes and muscovado sugar. Hints of nutmeg, toffee brittle, with astoundingly creamy notes of Christmas Pudding, laden with brandy butter.
Palate: Sweet, creamy and incredibly juicy. Those Christmas Pudding flavours are so evocative. The palate is chewy and thick, coasting the tongue with oily toffee and molasses. Cinnamon, dates and golden syrup.
Finish: Spicy and warming, notes of sweet espresso coffee and dessert sherry. Suggestions of rose petal jelly, allspice and baklava.
About Professor Cornelius Ampleforth
- An enigmatic, perhaps fictitious mad-professor-type who creates incredible drinks using old-fashioned techniques and methods
- All bottles packaged in beautiful brown-paper-wrapped bottles, wax-dipped and wound with flax twine.
- Each bottle features a stunning Victorian-apothecary-inspired print flaunting the delicious ingredients within
About Master of Malt:
- Established in 1985
- One of the UK’s leading Online Spirits Merchants, with a huge range of whiskies, rum, brandies, gins, cocktails and other fine spirits.
- UK Next Day Delivery from £6.95
Follow Master of Malt:
- On Twitter: @MasterOfMalt
- On Facebook: MasterOfMalt
Accompanying images can be downloaded at this link.
Media Use Only. Copyright ©Master of Malt 2011. These pictures are intended for media use only. The pictures must not be altered in any way. For special permission to edit photos please contact firstname.lastname@example.org