02 October 2012
Online retailer Master of Malt announces the launch of the world’s hottest chilli vodka: 250,000 Scovilles – Naga Chilli Vodka from the Hot Enough Vodka Company.
The second release from the Hot Enough Vodka Company, 250,000 Scovilles – Naga Chilli Vodka supersedes 100,000 Scovilles – Naga Chilli Vodka as the world’s hottest chilli vodka. As such, 250,000 Scovilles – Naga Chilli Vodka comes with a full disclaimer on the label and is sealed with industrial-grade sealing wire and a skull-and-crossbones-embossed lead security seal. Master of Malt strongly discourages people from purchasing or drinking this new vodka that is 2.5 times hotter than its predecessor.
This searingly hot vodka is made from Naga Jolokia chillies (sometimes referred to as “ghost peppers”) by infusing the chillies in high-quality grain vodka for a few weeks in a glass carboy. The resultant liquid is a deep red colour. Naga Jolokia chillies are the spiciest chillies in the world and in their dried form can be hotter than many law-enforcement-grade pepper sprays. Naga Jolokia chillies can exceed 1,000,000 Scovilles while Jalapeño peppers rank at about 5,000 Scovilles—this gives some indication as to the level of heat in 250,000 Scovilles Naga Chilli Vodka.
Master of Malt urges customers to use this vodka sparingly, if at all, to add spice to cocktails. Under no circumstances should it be consumed neat or as a shot.
250,000 Scovilles – Naga Chilli Vodka – £31.95
That Disclaimer in Full:
By purchasing this bottle, you agree that:
1) I have been warned and fully understand that this product contains extreme heat and should be used and handled responsibly.
2) I use this product entirely at my own risk and I understand the potential danger if used or handled irresponsibly. If I give this product as a gift I will make the recipient aware of the potential danger if used or handled irresponsibly.
3) I accept that the retailer and manufacturer of this product will, under no circumstances, be responsible for, or liable for, any claims of injury or damage arising from the use or misuse of this product and by purchasing this product, whether for myself or as a gift, I acknowledge and agree to this fact without question.
4) I am not inebriated or of unsound mind and am fully able to make a rational decision to purchase this product.
About Master of Malt:
- Established in 1985
- Master of Malt is one of the UK’s leading Online Spirits Merchants, with a huge range of whiskies, rum, brandies, gins, cocktails and many other fine spirits.
- UK Next Day Delivery from £6.95
Follow Master of Malt:
- On Twitter: @MasterOfMalt
- On Facebook: MasterOfMalt
- On their blog: MasterOfMaltBlog
For more information contact:
Ben Ellefsen: +44 (0)7816 661657
Accompanying media can be downloaded at this link.
Media Use Only. Copyright ©Master of Malt 2012. These pictures are intended for media use only. The pictures must not be altered in any way. For special permission to edit photos please contact email@example.com