18 January 2012
Online retailers and bottlers Master of Malt have announced the launch of the world’s hottest chilli vodka, “100,000 Scovilles – Naga Chilli Vodka”, made by infusing vodka with the world’s hottest chilli – the Naga Jolokia.
This vodka is certainly not intended to be drunk neat, as it is incredibly fiery, so much each bottle comes with a very lengthy warning! It is named 100,000 Scovilles in reference to the units used to measure the heat of chillies. Each Scoville unit denotes how many times the chilli must be diluted by its own mass of water until the heat is only just detectable. A Jalapeno, for example, has around 5,000, and so you can imagine just how potent Master of Malt’s new chilli vodka really is! The Naga Jolokia, used to make the vodka, can exceed 1,000,000 Scovilles, which is more than most Law Enforcement-grade Pepper Spray.
Master of Malt recommend 100,000 Scovilles – Naga Chilli Vodka be used sparingly to add spice to exotic cocktails, or even in cooking. They strongly urge you do not drink it neat, and definitely do not have it as a shot.
You can buy a bottle of 100,000 Scovilles vodka for £31.95 here: http://www.masterofmalt.com/vodka/100000-scovilles-naga-chilli-vodka/
Although you probably shouldn’t…
The company issues this warning on the site:
By purchasing this bottle, you agree that:
1) I have been warned and fully understand that this product contains extreme heat and should be used and handled responsibly.
2) I use this product entirely at my own risk and I understand the potential danger if used or handled irresponsibly. If I give this product as a gift I will make the recipient aware of the potential danger if used or handled irresponsibly.
3) I accept that the retailer and manufacturer of this product will, under no circumstances, be responsible for, or liable for, any claims of injury or damage arising from the use or misuse of this product and by purchasing this product, whether for myself or as a gift, I acknowledge and agree to this fact without question.
4) I am not inebriated or of unsound mind and am fully able to make a rational decision to purchase this product.
About Master of Malt:
- Established in 1985
- Master of Malt is one of the UK’s leading Online Spirits Merchants, with a huge range of whiskies, rum, brandies, gins, cocktails and many other fine spirits.
- UK Next Day Delivery from £6.95
Follow Master of Malt:
- On Twitter: @MasterOfMalt
- On Facebook: MasterOfMalt
- On their blog: MasterOfMaltBlog
Accompanying images can be downloaded at this link.
Media Use Only. Copyright ©Master of Malt 2012. These pictures are intended for media use only. The pictures must not be altered in any way. For special permission to edit photos please contact firstname.lastname@example.org