11 August 2010
Master of Malt have release a limited edition range of whiskies featuring pop art cartoons of five leading whisky industry figures. The whiskies are being sold in aid of Movember, the annual men’s health charity, and all profits will be donated to Movember UK.
Two different styles of whisky have been release. Both are blended malts which were created especially for Movember. One, the Mo’land, is a sweet and malty Lowland whisky, the other, the Smo’key, is a peaty, smoky whisky from Islay. There are five different pop art labels to choose from, and each features a famous figure from the whisky industry, sporting a handsome moustache.
The labels include images of:
- Richard Paterson, master blender at The Dalmore and Whyte and Mackay
- Serge Valentin, a French whisky connoisseur and founder of WhiskyFun.net
- Charlie MacLean, a prolific author and expert on the subject of whisky
- Dave Broom, a taster, author and spirits writer
- Marcin Miller, Whisky Magazine’s co-founder, and an icon for both the Scotch and Japanese whisky industries
Just 840 bottles have been released, and all profits go directly to Movember UK.
You can browse the Master of Malt Movember whiskies here: http://www.masterofmalt.com/whisky-4-movember/
About Master of Malt
- Established in 1985
- One of the UK's leading online whisky and spirits retailers
- A highly rated independent bottler, all of whose single cask whiskies scored over 90 points in the Jim Murray Whisky Bible 2009
Follow Master of Malt
• On Twitter: @MasterOfMalt
• On Facebook: MasterOfMalt
• Master of Malt Blog: http://www.masterofmalt.com/blog/
Accompanying images can be downloaded at this link.
Media Use Only. Copyright ©Master of Malt 2011. These pictures are intended for media use only. The pictures must not be altered in any way. For special permission to edit photos please contact firstname.lastname@example.org